POST Approved 4 Hours Community Diversity/Cultural Differences/Implicit Bias
Reexamine history through a cultural lens with M2M's DEI and implicit bias training. Journey from America’s birth to the present day, uncovering stories of resiliency and the true spirit of the American Dream. This training isn't just about the past; it's a powerful exploration empowering us to collectively shape a better future.
Attendees will immerse themselves in M2M's educational adventure while, exploring the cultures woven into America's fabric. By bringing history to life and connecting those lessons to today, M2M provides new perspective, deeper understanding and practical strategies for building culture through effective engagement. It's more than a history lesson; it's an opportunity to create stronger, more connected communities for a brighter and more equitable future.
- Demonstrate understanding of race relations and their impact on policing practices:
- Summarize race and policing in the U.S. in historical context. Discuss the ongoing influence of race relations, strategies to reconcile past injustice, and the importance of fair and impartial policing.
- Identify/analyze policing practices that have historically alienated and angered disadvantaged communities.
- Discuss how policing practices can address historically unjust laws and policies
- Demonstrate understanding of implicit and explicit bias
- Explain the difference between implicit and explicit bias
- Discuss how fear and bias influence officer behavior and police-community interactions
- Identify your own implicit bias and strategies that reduce the negative influence of bias
- Demonstrate understanding of impartial policing
- Describe institutional racism and other forms of bias in the U.S. in a historical context, and their effect on culture, justice, crime, and law
- Discuss law enforcement practices that reduce bias and positively influence community
- Reflect on your individual practices and discuss how to apply impartial policing practices in your community
LAW ENFORCEMENT TRAINING ACADEMY & CONSULTING
This course is offered and conducted by Eckberg Lammers’ Law Enforcement Training Academy & Consulting team of experienced trainers and consultants. Information provided in these trainings does not constitute or contain legal advice, nor do they establish and attorney-client relationship.